Mormonism, also called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, claims to be the true church that
was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith. So, what does it teach? The following is a brief list, but the articles contain more
information with documentation of those teachings from LDS sources.
Mormonism teaches that...
- There are many gods.
- There is a mother goddess.
- The Trinity is three gods.
- After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god.
- Salvation is by faith and obeying commandments.
- and much more....
- But, are these teachings consistent with the Bible?
No, they are not. So, the LDS Church says the Bible is
corrupted. But, it is not. God has preserved His word -
because it comes from God!
- Comparing Mormonism with Christianity
- Let's compare Mormonism with traditional Christianity as revealed in the Bible. If Mormonism is Christian, then shouldn't
it reflect biblical teachings?
- Joseph Smith Quotes
- Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, said a lot of very "interesting" things about God being a man, the Trinity is
three gods, temple work, and people on the moon.
- Brigham Young Quotes
- Brigham Young, the 2nd Mormon Prophet, said that God is progressing knowledge, that to deny polygamy is to court
damnation, and that God and Mary 'did it.'
- Changes in the Book of Mormon
- Mormonism says the Book of Mormon is the most correct book of any on earth. If so, why then all the changes that are not
just typos, but doctrinal alterations?
- What is the Truth
- The truth is found in the Bible, the inspired word of God. Mormonism is not Christian since it teaches a different God, a
different Christ, and a different gospel.